JOIN THE DOTS – Art TherapyEvent Date :
The 2nd 8 week program for “Join the Dots, Connecting the Community through art” has now been completed. We would like to thank all the participants for joining the groups.
And BCWS would like to thank Ashfield Council for providing the funding to enable us to run this successful program.
Feedback from the participants indicated that the program helped to enhanced a sense of well-being and reduced social isolation, some of the comments from the group included:
• “My happiness has increased”
• “I feel more settled into life in Australia”
• “Gives me the opportunity to continue my interest in art and also meet other people from Chinese community and Australian community – feel more settled as new migrant”
• “Program has made me feel like Sydney is home”
• “Change my ‘old person’ stuck view of things. Never thought I would have opportunity to learn new things in old age”
• “Feel that my life has become more full”
Another common theme in the feedback was that participants wanted the program to continue or another similar program to be offered.
Participants stated that the bus transport provided by BCWS made the program convenient to access. In addition, 1 participant stated that she would not have been able to access the program if transport had not been provided.